Residency Dance Teaching
"Brenner's expertise in choreography and production and her years of experience as a dance artist labeled her as an 'articulate genius' by one of our young choreographers. An excellent choice for a guest company who can both teach and perform brilliantly."
ACDFA Festival Director & Professor
Univ. of Utah-Salt Lake City
Janis, Director Julius Effenberger and the artists of the ZOA Theatre Academy in Saint Louis,
Senegal; West Africa -- March, 2001.
In addition to receiving critical acclaim, Brenner's works are immensely popular with both dancers and audiences. In the past thirty years, company members have helped restage more than eighteen of JB&D's repertory on companies and colleges in Germany, Sweden, Taiwan, Indonesia, Russia, Singapore and throughout New York and the U.S.
Janis Brenner & Dancers offers a wide range of residency activities. Company members teach in a great variety of styles including modern/contemporary technique, improvisation, Release technique, Yoga, Pilates, children and adult's classes and personal fitness training. Janis Brenner & Dancers is recognized for the caliber of its dancers, its "visceral, vivid and emotionally authentic" performances and the importance of the connections to the music it employs in each work.
THE COMPANY IS AVAILABLE FOR:
* Single and Multiple Performances
* Full-week Residencies
* Master Classes/Workshops: Technique, Improvisation, Composition, Repertory and Vocal Work
* Lecture Demonstrations/Informal Performances
* Choreographic Commissions and Setting Repertory
* Children's and Adult’s Classes, Yoga, Contact Improvisation and Personal Fitness Training
* Brenner’s acclaimed Movement/Voice Improvisation Workshops
* Community Collaborations